The BRAHMS v8 demo conifer database includes all published conifer names with nomenclatural details, IUCN conservation codes, TDWG geographic distribution codes, species descriptions and more. It also includes specimen data across the group, almost all referenced for mapping. Also included in the v8 demo are non-conifer data from Oxford Botanic Garden.
Download the demo database for BRAHMS v8 - instructions on connecting to the demo database in v8 are given in the installation guide.
Richness map showing areas with the highest numbers of taxa in red.
The conifer database has been provided by Aljos Farjon, RBG Kew. If you wish to use the data for a research publication or any other purpose beyond training, please consult first with A.Farjon@kew.org. The database has been used to help publish a number of publications including:
- A taxonomic monograph on Pinus for Latin America (Farjon, A. & Styles, B. T., 1997. Flora Neotropica
Monograph 75, The New York Botanical Garden
- A World Checklist And Bibliography of Conifers, Aljos Farjon, 1998
- A Monograph of Cupressaceae and Sciadopitys, Aljos Farjon, 2005
- A Handbook of the World's Conifers. Publication: 2010
- An Atlas of the World?s Conifers, an Analysis of their Distribution, Biogeography, Diversity
and Conservation Status, Aljos Farjon and Denis Filer: 2013
Download the demo database for BRAHMS v7. Consult the Conifers of the World database online.